The benefits of fruit for body health vary widely. In addition to maintaining the health of the body’s organs, the nutritional content in the fruit is very useful to protect the body from disease and can help the recovery process after an illness (medicalnewstoday.com).
In general, fruit contains many nutrients that are useful for health. The nutrients in the fruit make the body healthy and can avoid disease attacks. health experts also recommend diligently consuming fruit every day.
Benefits of fruit from its nutritional content
The following are some of the nutrients commonly found in fruits:
- Fiber, which plays an important role in maintaining the function of the digestive tract
- Vitamin C, which is important for protecting body tissues from damage caused by free radicals
- Vitamin A, which is essential for healthy eyes, skin, and the immune system
- Folate, which plays an important role in the formation of blood and genetic material
- Potassium, which can help maintain blood pressure and nervous system function
Benefits of Fruit for Your Body Health
Consuming fruit every day is very beneficial for health and is a good diet and can support a healthy lifestyle. Some of the benefits of fruit for body health include:
- Prevent obesity and maintain ideal body weight
- Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Reducing the risk of diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, and hypertension
- Prevent and overcome problems in the stomach, especially digestive problems, such as constipation
- Maintain eye health, prevent myopia in children and prevent eye diseases related to aging, cataracts, and macular degeneration
- Maximizing the Benefits of Fruit
In order for fruit to have maximum benefits for your body, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that you consume about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
To make it easier to use fruit, 1 serving of fruit can contain one of the following menus:
- Eat one large fruit, such as a banana, pear, apple, or orange
- Two small fruits, such as plums and kiwi
- 100 grams (1 small bowl) grapes, strawberries, mulberry, cherries, elderberries.
- Two tablespoons of fruit salad or canned fruit
- One tablespoon of dried fruit
- 150 ml (1 glass) of fresh fruit juice
You are advised to consume a variety of different fruits and vegetables every day to get a different combination of nutrients from each fruit and vegetable consumed.
serve and consume fruit of various colors in each of your meals every day. You can also serve fruit with different colors and textures to increase your appetite and your family’s appetite.
Buy fruit in season to ensure that it ripens on time or without chemical ripening so you can get good quality fruit. In addition, choose fresh fruit, seen from the surface of the skin and stem. Make sure the fruit is not rotting in good condition.
Apart from the quality of the fruit itself, there are several other things that must be considered when exploring the benefits of fruit. Some fruits may have pesticides on the skin. Make sure to wash the fruit under running water thoroughly before peeling it or eating it.
Avoid consuming fruit juices and packaged dried fruit that contain lots of sugar. Fresh fruit that has not been processed in packaging certainly has a better nutritional content than that which has been processed. If you want fruit juice, make it unsweetened and don’t waste fiber or fruit pulp.
Although the benefits of fruit are numerous, some people should limit or avoid the consumption of fruit, for example someone with a history of diabetes. If you have diabetes, consult your doctor so that the doctor gives advice on the right fruit for you to eat.